Old June 25th 20, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Bigger handlebar bag

On Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 5:34:40 PM UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 6/24/2020 9:41 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 8:39:58 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 6/22/2020 12:57 PM, wrote:
On Monday, June 22, 2020 at 8:10:47 PM UTC+2, Bertrand wrote:
From Jan Heine
(
https://www.renehersecycles.com/new-...-huge-restock/

Over the winter, we’ve worked with Berthoud Cycles in France to design a new,
bigger handlebar bag, the GB 31.

'to design a new bigger handlebar bag'? What design? It is just a rectangular box. OK it is made bigger. That is not designing. Every 3D Cad program can do that with one mouse click. You don't need a whole winter for that.
Yes Frank I am making fun of handlebar bags.

Lou

Please tell me that no one is spending $358 on a handlebar bag.

Somebody must. My son was telling me about one of his dealers in Northern California that had a customer who spent almost $.5 million on bikes and stuff. This was probably over a period of ten or twenty years, and I'm not clear on how he racked up the expenditures, but he owns a ton of S-Works bikes. I'm sure he gets immediate attention when he comes into the store -- and blow and hookers. What a cash cow. He was probably the guy who bought one of these: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/s-...eo-sl/p/170237 Probably not a utility cyclist.

There are some nice waterproof canvas saddlebags/handlebar bags from
South Korea:

7 liter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162545860629
11 liter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162545874998
16 liter: https://www.ebay.com/itm/391809078846

South Korea? Those are copies of English Carradice bags.