Old June 25th 20, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bicycle commuting

On 6/24/2020 10:11 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 21:41:47 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

From
https://www.contemporarypediatrics.c...y-unvaccinated

"According to the report, published in the Morbidity and Mortality
Weekly Report (MMWR), 1.3% of children born in 2015 had not received any
vaccinations by the 2017 National Immunization Survey-Child
(NIS-Child).1 This figure indicates an upward trend in children in the
19-month to 35-month age group going without vaccinations, up from 0.9%
in 2011 and 0.3% in 2001."

Roughly 99% of American parents get their kids vaccinated. Nobody holds
a gun to their head. They do it because they want to. They know it's smart.

Not to argue, but isn't there some sort of anti-vaccination movement?
group? whatever? I keep reading articles about all the horrible things
caused by vaccinations.

There are those idiots, but apparently they are few and generally
ineffective. IIRC, there are some pockets of the country where those
people have successfully raised the number of measles cases, but that's
not widespread. And I'll add that those idiots tend to be left wing, not
right wing. I wonder about weird alliances between left wing
anti-vaxxers and right-wing anti-maskers.

Speaking of vaccination side effects: About a week ago, I felt
extremely fatigued despite a good night's sleep. I had absolutely zero
energy, and in the afternoon I fell asleep in my recliner.

I'm aware that fatigue is a COVID symptom, so I took my temperature a
couple times. Eventually I found I had a fever.

My doctor's staff said "Fatigue and fever? Get tested for COVID," which
I did. But while sitting and waiting for the test, I suddenly remembered
that the previous day, I'd gotten my second booster shot of the shingles
vaccine. I pulled out my phone to look up the possible side effects of
that vaccine. Turns out they are about identical to the symptoms of COVID.

Got the test anyway. I'm COVID free. (Unfortunately, I'm also antibody
free.)

--
- Frank Krygowski