Old June 25th 20, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ted Heise

Default Concerning commuting by bike

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 10:21:46 -0700 (PDT),
jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 8:53:04 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

BTW, I sort of agree with Joy, that motorists do "Idaho stops"
all the time. I can watch a stop sign outside my windoe, and
I've counted that 50% of motorists don't do full stops. I've
done my not-quite-full stop in front of a cop car at a
congested four way stop intersection plus other intersections
and had no reaction.

BTW, I'm just kidding about not stopping -- and all the law
changes make no difference at functioning lights and busy
intersections. Right of way still applies -- and near downtown,
it becomes a f***** negotiation with people who think they're
being nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aIfarMPmPQ

They can be in their cars flagging me through, and I can't see
them because of the blacked out windows. I wish cars would
just act like cars. And its binary -- they're too nice or
ass*****. Its the minority of cars that just act like cars.

+1

And then there's the motorist waving you ahead, while failing to
recognize there are other moving vehicles that prevent proceeding
safely.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA