Old June 28th 20, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Damaged Shimano 105 shift lever

On 28/06/2020 15:05, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
I damaged my left shift lever when I crashed my Kona recently. It had become
difficult to shift onto the big ring, so I brought it to my LBS. They worked at it,
but, while it would shift okay in the repair stand, as soon as one tried to shift it
while riding, it was nigh on impossible to get it to go onto the larger chainwheel.
The tech at the LBS thinks the only option is to replace the lever (three weeks to
get the part!!).

What broke or bent in the lever that would explain the difference in shifting? Do any
of you know of other options?
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT IHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

It sounds like the end-stop is a little close. Wind it out a bit and
let the derailleur over-shift a bit.

The chain under no load will make the shift, under load it won't...quite.