Old June 28th 20, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Default Concerning commuting by bike

On Sunday, June 28, 2020 at 8:02:23 PM UTC+2, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/28/2020 1:31 PM, Lou Holtman wrote:
... come cycle here in the Netherlands.

We spent about four days in Amsterdam the year before last. The only
bikes we found to rent near our Air BnB were heavy upright Dutch bikes,
but we rode them all around the city plus out into some suburbs. We had
fun, but my wife was sometimes a bit nervous because of the crowds of
cyclists and pedestrians. The density there is amazing compared to here.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I mentioned it before cycling in Amsterdam is not typical for cycling in The Netherlands. You should have left Amsterdam and go into the countryside and small villages. I would not cycle in Amsterdam for fun. It is a good way for sightseeing though.

Lou