Old January 26th 10, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Default Spoke Length

On 26 Jan, 05:30, "
wrote:
Used the Damon Rinard spoke calc program to calculate spoke length for
some wheels I'm building. *32 hole. *3 cross front and rear. *Record
hubs. *Alex Crostini 3.1 front and 3.2 offset spoke hole rear. DT
Revolution 14/17 spokes front and non drive side. *DT Competition
14/15 drive side.

Spoke calc says 294mm for front. *I'm comfortable rounding that down
to 292mm.
Spoke calc says 292.8mm non drive side and 291.2mm drive side. *I'm
thinking round down to 290mm for both sides. *Could be maybe persuaded
to use 292mm on the non drive side.

Any opinions on the above choices?

interlacing lengthens the route of a spoke by spoke thickness and
tensioning stretches it. Tensioning may be as little as three turns,
but some like double that.