Old July 4th 20, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default US Bicycle Commuting Statistics

On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 10:07:55 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/4/2020 12:31 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Percentage of bicycle commuters by US city, county, census area, skool
district, etc.

Data aggregation is by:
https://github.com/censusreporter/

That's a nicely done site! Very handy.

Going by state, I see Ohio has 0% bike-to-work mode share. California
and Florida have 1%. Even Oregon has only 2%.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Or 15%, depending on where you look in Oregon.
https://censusreporter.org/profiles/86000US97214-97214/

Much of Oregon is sparsely populated. The lower left-hand corner is basically empty. We have one school district covering 7,500 square miles that has a public boarding school. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crane_Union_High_School

Oregon has a population density of 35.6 persons/sq mile, and Ohio has a population density of 282 persons/sq mile. Many Ohio cities are dense and dead flat. And yet Oregon has infinitely more commuter cyclists than Ohio. Why is that? Why are you failing to get people on bikes? Do you hate cyclists?

-- Jay Beattie.