Old October 20th 03, 09:23 PM
David Kunz

Default disc brakes on front, v-brakes on rear

Paul R wrote:
Has anyone tried this? Does it work for you?

I don't want to add lugs for rear disc brakes to my frame, so I would only
consider using discs on the front.

I imagine it should be fine, as most of the braking power comes from the
front anyway. The rear brake does not need as much modulation or power as
the front.

Any comments?

Paul

I did it for a while. It was safe, but I found that because of the
difference in breaking and feel between the different types of brakes, I
wasn't happy with my ability to balance the breaking between the front
and back. I wasn't as sure on downhills or at speed.

David