Old August 8th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
David Kerber

Default Highest paved roads

In article ,
says...
wrote

I've ridden some of the highest paved roads in La.

For the last 3 years, I've organized a ride in RI to go from the lowest
point (sea level) to the highest point (812 ft) around the 4th of July.
It's a nice 70-mile ride with about 3800 ft of total climbing. Nice
ride if the weather's nice, but can get challenging in hot, humid
weather.

Sounds like the start of a new website for the highest road in each state of
the US. I once met somebody who had a long-time project of hiking to the top
of the highest elevation (generally not on a road) in each of the 50 states.

Need a new discussion group to argue about which is highest for some states.

Already been done:
www.highpointers.org

newsgroups if possible).