Old June 7th 18, 11:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default MTB touring bike

wrote:

In the USA almost every mountain bike sold
today is 29". 26" mountain bikes are hardly
sold except maybe at WalMart. 29" is simply
a 700C bicycle rim with a 1.9" or 2.1" tire
on it. Measures about 29" diameter. 700C road
wheels with 23mm or 25mm tires measure about
26.5" But calling your bike a 26.5" isn't
very popular in the USA I guess. But saying
you have a MANLY 29 INCH mountain bike is
macho I guess. Saying you have a 700C
mountain bike rim with 2.1" tires isn't too
appealing I guess.

OK, then I suppose I'd like a manly 29 inch MTB
myself! Only I don't mind a feminine color.
Except for celeste, because 1) I don't like it,
and 2) I don't want a color that is strongly
associated with a brand.

Thanks for the info.

--
underground experts united