Old March 21st 18, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Bicycle bottle diameters, why different?

On 2018-03-20 12:45, sms wrote:

[...]

I recently saw adjustable diameter cages that us a rubber strap,
at Target and Walmart. Secure, but time consuming to get the
bottle in and out.

I can also wrap some sort of bungee cord around it, hobo-style.
However, that gets old and the bottle won't go back in easily
without pushing the bungee down.

-- Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Your waterbottle holder can't handle a diameter difference of 1.8 mm?
Get a better one.

It can but it cannot when they also messed up the indentation location
by more than 1/4". Which they did. Same for all other holders I tried
and there were some high-priced ones.