Old March 21st 18, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Bicycle bottle diameters, why different?

On 2018-03-20 15:54, sms wrote:
On 3/20/2018 3:18 PM, Joerg wrote:

snip

The question is, how do you know if a bottle is proper when buying
one
online?

Stansport is primarly a camping equipment company. Buy from a supplier
of bicycle equipment.

But is sez "bike bottle" ...

https://www.stansport.com/bike-bottle-26-oz-214-26

I guess they need to learn and test their designs before release.

I like the Clean Designs bottle https://www.cleanbottle.com/

30 bucks, yikes. I like their bottom screw lid though. Thanks, will
look
for that brand then.

Hmmmm. I wonder where you could buy a water bottle?
https://tinyurl.com/y9zbb7fg

I wrote that I have a source for fitting bottles, I could just buy
more from Cal Gear because they fit like a glove.

The reason for my post was to find out why there isn't a real
standard. Like there is for wheel diameters, tires (well, maybe with
the exception of some Contis). I guess nobody knows.

You're right, there is a real standard for wheel and tire sizes! It's
described in the four tables and one chart toward the bottom of this
page: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

As Andrew says, standards are wonderful. That's why we have so many.

Now it would be great if you could explain that to some tire manufacturers.

If you think it's valuable to have a set of water bottle standards,
perhaps you should work up a similar set of tables for water bottles and
their cages. But I doubt very many people will be interested.

The industry should be.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/