Old March 30th 18, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Silent hubs

On 2018-03-29 21:26, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 19:18:06 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Cars happen to have several things most bikes don't: Rear view mirrors,
two outside mirrors and turn signals which are supposed to be activated
when overtaking another vehicle.

I can remember when cars were expected to honk before overtaking, but
that was deprecated long before I took driving lessons.

My wife and I just sat for the Mature Driver course to get an insurance
discount. One of the hints there was to tap the horn before passing a
cyclist. I thought ... really? I can picture a resident along Malcom
Dixon Road out here which is uphill and preferred by cyclists, trying to
get some sleep after coming back from the early morning shift.

Oh, and to get enough points to pass you must answer questions the way
they want it, whether that makes sense or not.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/