Old September 11th 04, 06:17 PM
Claire Petersky

"Kevan Smith" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:06:24 -0700, Terry Morse from
Terry Morse Software, Inc. wrote:

gds wrote:

Don't yo just feel more hungry? Of course if you excersize more you'll
need to replace more calories. But do you really need to calculate
this-especially as the calculation is probably not much more accurate
than your guesstimating that you "need" an extra helping of lasagna.

No, I don't typically feel more hungry after a hard day in the
saddle. If anything, my appetite is supressed for several hours.

That happens to me, too. My stomach just seems to shut down. When I do

really
long rides, I have to schedule time to eat, because I don't get hunger

pangs.

So, what's up with this? There's been times on STP where I simply force
myself to eat, because it's a long ride, whether you do it in one or two
days, and I know that I have to keep eating to keep pedalling. After I
finished this year, my friends insisted that I have a burrito or gyro or
something before getting on the bus to get home, and I followed their advice
more out of sheepish exhaustion rather than any desire to eat. But the year
before I didn't eat before getting on the bus, and I was *miserable* by the
time I got home.

So, why is it that sometimes we don't feel like eating during or just after
a long ride? This does not sound like Wisdom of the Body to me.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: