Old December 22nd 18, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default The "great mental ward of the Pacific Northwest"

On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 4:51:06 AM UTC-8, Sepp Ruf wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 7:10:14 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/21/2018 8:46 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, December 21, 2018 at 5:57:25 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
From a reporter who was actually the
"The kettle-corn girl is but one of many madcap escapees from the great mental ward of the Pacific Northwest out here making strange noises on the mean streets of downtown Portland on Election Night 2018, and her ecstatic om mani padme hum devotional to kettle corn is soon drowned out as her thuggish black-masked comrades begin their more straightforward and politically meaningful and considerably more comprehensible chant:"

Read the rest of Williamson's report at
https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...treets-indeed/

All the commentators from far-flung cities or countries claiming to know about PDX can just f*** off and die. Really. Patriot Pride and Antifa are sideshow acts and entirely incidental to the lives of real Portlanders. They are, however, poster-children for the dopes enthralled by the far-right news media. I'm sure will get the neo-con tour bus here soon enough to admire the lunatic fauna. We'll have to get actors or animatronic Antifa protesters to keep them entertained -- just like the mechanical hippos at the Disney jungle tour. The tourists can yell "commie" of "faggot" from the trolley. https://www.dreamstime.com/editorial...-image55204553 We can make a few bucks off the rubes. We need idiots to buy the bad beer and fast food.

Seems you have a hard time deciding if you appreciate tourism from far-flung
places, or not.

Meanwhile, in the DPR PDX, I got a really nice seat-pack for $5 today.. Bike Gallery is holding daily sales leading up to Christmas -- $1 tubes a few days back, less than TK pays for bell peppers in Oakland. $2 bar tape, etc., etc. Sweet!

How appalling! Proposing that Oaklanders should eat tubes instead of
peppers is sooo Marie-Antoinette!

And it was dry and unseasonably warm. https://www.thorindustries.com/wp-co...on-Feature.jpg Skiing tomorrow at Mt. Hood Meadows!
https://www.skihood.com/-/media/skih...200b.jpg?la=en

That "la=en" tag looks racist -- will Luis block your rides when he finds out?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbV6ySiR4Zs

This is Luis:

Case Number Citation Number Defendant Info Filed/Location Type/Status

MARQUEZ, LUIS E
1972
04/22/2014
Multnomah
Offense Violation
Closed
Non-Payment of Fare
17VI64783
EU0372120
EU0372120
MARQUEZ, LUIS ENRIQUE
1972
04/28/2017
Multnomah
Offense Violation
Closed
Operate MV Using a Mobile Communication Device
Violation Driving While Suspended or Revoked
17CR27689
Marquez, Luis E
1972
04/30/2017
Multnomah
Offense Misdemeanor
Closed
Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree
Harassment
17CR28202
Marquez, Luis Enrique
1972
05/02/2017
Multnomah
Offense Misdemeanor
Closed
Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree
17VI77613
Marquez, Luis Enrique
1972
05/18/2017
Multnomah
Offense Violation
Open
Failing to Obey a Police Officer
18CR43658
Marquez, Luis Enrique
1972
07/01/2018
Multnomah
Offense Misdemeanor
Open
Theft in the Second Degree
Theft in the Third Degree
Assault in the Third Degree

The good thing about Luis Enrique Martinez is that he is one of the few people I have seen who got prosecuted for driving while talking on a cell phone. The last set of charges arose out of another Antifa dope-parade in June 2018.

But wait! He used to be the more Anglo Louis Erich Marquez and has a conviction under that name, too. The civil docket indicates he's been evicted a bunch of times and is a small-time looser. Do I hate ass-wipes like that? You bet. I also don't want Patriot Prayer coming to our City just to draw-out the Luis/Louis Marquezs of the world. Without the cameras and coverage, useless gnats like him would be headed to sunny California.

And if I were that cyclist, well, I would have gone a block over and called it good. I'm frequently dodging parades, demonstration, marathons and other events downtown. It's a grid. You go a block over. The only other option is to ride through the protesters full speed or go in punching -- which I might have done before I was sentenced to blood thinners after a couple PEs from a a ski fracture. But not because of politics -- it's something much deeper. Don't block the road! I don't care if you're Fascists, Buddhist monks or the PTA. Get the F*** out of the way!

Yes, what I would like is local government keeping roadways and pedestrian facilities clear. But we're trapped in a First Amendment learning experience, and no matter what, the PPB always takes it in the shorts -- they were too hard, too soft, too many, too few, too many horses, not enough horses, etc., etc. Woe unto them.

-- Jay Beattie.