Old February 25th 16, 06:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
W. Wesley Groleau

Default O/T: knots

On 02-24-2016 12:30, W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
On 12-20-2015 00:41, Frank Krygowski wrote:
So I made my way by dead reckoning over very minor country lanes. I was
interested to note that I was navigating - or at least, confirming my
direction - by looking at the stars. First time in a long time!

When I awoke in the Ozarks to find that my son had ignored my
instructions to "keep the blue dot on the purple line," with no cell or
WiFi to get another route (and clouds hiding the stars), we had to use
the compass to pick the northernmost route at each intersection.

And considering how a compass works, had to get out of the car and walk
a few feet away.

--
Wes Groleau