Old September 6th 16, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: A newspaper cooler

On Sun, 06 Sep 2015 01:05:47 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

At first, I folded a newspaper in half and wedged it down on the floor
to hold the sides in place, then I noticed that the floor was already
at least as thick as the sides and stopped doing that.

And then for some reason, it got harder to keep the sides in place, so
I resumed using the floor newspaper. Hrrm . . . this happened about
the time the newspaper introduced a beautiful new format; I don't
think the newspapers overlap on the bottom as much as they used to.

Eventually, I deemed the newspaper lid rather useless -- unlike the
bag of crumpled bags, it doesn't deform to fit over the contents of
the cooler. (This varies according to what I'm carrying.)

But about the time I stopped putting a folded newspaper on top, I
started putting a folded newspaper in the bottom of the bag lining the
cooler: it holds the bag in place, keeps things square, and soaks up
the condensation that forms on frozen bottles and zip-lock sandwich
bags of ice cubes.

I've found that two small bags of ice work better than one big bag of
ice.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net