Old September 6th 16, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Stephen Harding[_3_]

Default AG: Sidewalks

On 09/05/2016 11:28 AM, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
John B. wrote in
:

I'm still of the opinion that "side walks" are purposely built for
foot traffic and while I've never been anywhere that bicycles were
banned from them, still, the primary purpose is for pedestrians.

I think that banning bicycles from sidewalks is a municipal measure. That is
the case here in Ottawa. It is frequently disregarded because many kids are
ignorant of it, and manyu adults seem not to care. That said, the adults I
see riding on sidewalks are generally in areas that are poorly engineered
for bicycle traffic.

Down the page, second from the bottom. Some re-assembly of the URL may be
required.
http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/transp...cling/cycling-
and-law
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Is does indeed vary by town around here, and even areas of town.

Downtown sidewalk use is limited to kids 12 and under.

However, other neighboring towns have no restrictions.

I think if you're 18 or older, you should ride the road unless the road is extremely
bike hostile.

SMH