Old May 28th 20, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Favorite biking snacks?

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 8:53:38 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 5:38:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Paydays are excellent when you need some fast calories and don't mind
chewing a bit.

Unlike Jay I still have all of my teeth.

And why do you think Jay doesn't have a full complement of teeth? He is an attorney. So I am guessing he makes at least the median US income. So he should be able to afford a dental insurance plan. He is an independent attorney, not employed by a firm. So he does have to purchase his own plan.. But I assume there are insurance plans available to attorneys offices. So he is probably able to get dental insurance through work, sort of, if he cannot purchase a dental plan as an individual.

Tom fancies himself a humorist, among many other things -- nuclear scientist, world-renowned epidemiologist, physician, surgeon, economist, diplomat, war hero, etc., etc. Its enough to exhaust Walter Mitty.

Dental insurance is a joke, but yes, I've been buying my own coverage (and family coverage) since 1993, the last time I was a W2 employee.

I like Paydays, but you can inhale peanuts while riding hard, and they're not that easy to digest. And if I'm going to eat a peanut-containing candy bar on the bike, it will be a Snickers. Much higher energy. Food of the Pro Tour. But Donettes are my preferred junk, assuming I run out of jersey food (Cliff Bar, GU pack). If I run out of food riding during the mid-summer, I just eat black berries. They're everywhere in the PNW.

-- Jay Beattie.