Old May 13th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default black moldy crud in old water bottle

In article ,
(It's Chris) writes:
mold doesn't adhere readily to polyethylene, so usually a bottle brush
and some soapy water will do the job.

There ya go.

Although, considering the misogynistic tone of
some of the Original Poster's previous posts,
I'm a little surprised he didn't decide bottle
cleaning is "women's work" and [attempt to] get
some woman to scrub it with a bottle brush for
him. Before ordering her to make him a sandwich.

Maybe he did. In which case, if he has to scrub
it himself, I think I know where he can find his
bottle brush.

As for chemical cleansers and home-brewing stuff,
trisodium phosphate (TSP) is the conventional
ingroodient. Trouble is, phosphates often make
good fertilizer for some botanical organisms --
especially certain algae which we don't really want
to become overly prolific, and which live a fair ways
downstream from our household drains.

So my vote is for mechanical rather than chemical
cleaning, too.

People are so scared of applying a li'l elbow grease.
Heck, a wet J-cloth pushed around with a chopstick
would probably do the trick.

cheers,
Tom

--