Old July 20th 05, 05:19 PM
Bill Sornson

I need a rental car for my bike but I'm not sure how small a car I can
get. I don't own a car and going to the rental place to try out cars,
which is to far away, isn't an option. I have a Trek 800 Sport
mountain bike. More or less a standard sized bike. Taking the front
wheel off is easy enough. I haven't messed with the back wheel and
not sure how easy that is.

The biggest car I can get, with out spending to much (I'm in near
NYC), is a Ford Taurus. Cheaper cars are similar to the Elantra and
Cavalier.

I'd like any suggestion on how I can make my bike fit into the above
cars and what is feasible. Meaning, not spending 1/2 hour taking the
bike apart and putting it into the car.

A) Ask for a hatchback. A visitor out here had a Chevy Malibu, and his bike
fit inside easily.

B) Learn how to remove your rear wheel. (You WILL get a flat some day, you
know.)

Realist Bill

posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see
http://rbor.org/