Old May 6th 14, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

So, Arsehole, you AREN'T presenting the "overall big picture" then are you ? You don't know and are trying to pass off your opinions as fact. Go and get a clue before you make yourself look even more stupid.

I am presenting more of a picture than you are. You drag some stupid numbers into the discussion which mean absolutely nothing whereas I present a few real facts based on real stories. But to repeat myself, no one is presenting the big picture because it is not available. It is just that I am presenting a BETTER picture than you are with your ****ed-up data.

Way to go. Earlier, in this very thread, you claimed to be presenting the overall picture. Now it's simply a 'better' picture is it ? Who knows, if you work at it you might finally realise that it's a misleading picture because you fail to compare the small number of reports you have collated against the millions of rides that they represent.

You clearly don't understand that, as I keep saying, I don't care one iota about your opinions and what anything means to you. Unless you can justify your position objectively you might as well save your energy.

My opinion is that of all serious hikers. As for not giving a damn, I care absolutely nothing about your opinions since I consider they come from a scofflaw who is criminally promoting mountain biking and getting other poor innocent slobs killed as a result. You sir are beneath contempt.

A short while ago you were representing all hikers. Now it's just the 'serious' ones. What, precisely, is your definition of 'serious' ? I'm willing to bet it's anyone who happens to agree with you :-). What a joke.

Your mental attitude is not of the slightest concern to me and you have, so far, failed to provide me with any data that this view is anything other than a minority, fanatical sub-set of nutcases.

My mental attitude is that of all serious hikers.

Prove it. Stop pontificating and prove it. There are millions of hikers, as a report which you posted recently on outdoor recreation confirmed. Of those, how many are 'serious' and how many agree with you ? I'm willing to bet that you don't know ... so, if you don't know, stop asserting that you do and admit that it's YOUR OPINION.

Your mental attitude is that of a small minority of extreme bikers who think nothing of risking life and limb. If only it were your own life and limb who would care, bur your promotion of mountain biking borders on being criminal because of how it effects others who do not know better. A man or woman in the prime of their lives goes mountain biking and ends up dead. They thought it was a safe thing to be doing. How do you explain that? Accidents will happen? You sir are beneath contempt.

I'm not promoting anything other than free choice. As you concede, if I wish to 'risk' my own life and limb that is solely my concern.

The odds of a man or woman going mountainbiking and ending up dead are less than the odds if they drive their cars to work every day. In fact, given that Cardiovascular Heart Disease is the number one killer in the developed world they are probably reducing their overall risk of death by doing so.

You haven't shown that. You've shown that it ****es you off and a small set of fanatics. You've done nothing to show that it's the majority view amongst hikers - nor have you even bothered to try and find out.

It is the majority view among serious hikers, the only group that counts.

Ah, we've gone from the view of all hikers to the view of 'serious' hikers. And, tomorrow, we'll find out that the only people able to garner the Ed Dolan 'Serious Hiker' badge are you and the few other nutcases who agree with you.

To reiterate, yet again, I don't give a damn about your fragile mental equilibrium given that you've shown yourself to be intolerant, selfish and illogical.

Unfortunately for you, my views are those of all serious hikers. Because I don't want to put up with Asshole mountain bikers, I have a fragile mental equilibrium?

So you have asserted incessantly. However, you've done precisely nothing to backup that statement.

As to your fragile mental equilibrium you, yourself, stated that the mere appearance of a bike on a trail, irrespective of any conflict or risk to you, was sufficient to cause you 'mental torture'. I think you have validated my statement from your own words. You have an irrational fear of mountain bikes.

Just the opposite of that. What I have is something you can only dream about - strong opinions on what is right and proper unaffected by what Asshole mountain bikers want. You don't care if you destroy the enjoyment of others and you don't care if other bikers injure or kill themselves doing what is inherently stupid. You sir are beneath contempt.

Or, to paraphrase, you have strong opinions that your activity, and your activity alone, should be permitted on public land. I fundamentally disagree with that premise.

I do care about others on the trail which is why I moderate both my behaviour on the trail and my desire for access in the first place.

However, since YOU and your minority of fellow travellers are completely unwilling to compromise then, no, I don't give a damn about you anymore. You would happily see me banned from all trails so that you could enjoy them in splendid isolation whilst requiring me to pay for them through my taxes.

This is what I mean about extremism begetting extremism.

Or is all this too much for you ... and you would far prefer to

collude with the other monomaniacs and believe that mountainbikers are a major
issue afflicting the world ?

Mountain bikers on trails are a major issue effecting only
hikers and equestrians. If looks could kill, they would all be dead as soon as
encountered.

But, in the real world, they can't. All you've managed to show, in your many posts, is that you and a small cohort of fanatics don't like it. You've not posted anything that would lead a rational individual to conclude that it's the majority view.

The only minority view I know about is that of Asshole mountain bikers like you who think it is OK to transgress on hiking trails. Your ignorance is unconquerable. But it is your ****ing self-righteousness that really offends. You should strive to be humble and self-effacing like ME! Arrogance goeth before a fall!

Now you're arguing against your own earlier statements. You said 'democracy doesn't work' and 'mountainbikers are like locusts'. So, one second, when it suits your argument we're as numerous as locusts and seeking to oppress the poor minority of 'serious' hikers. Now, when it suits you to make the opposite argument you want to argue that we're a minority.

I think I'm about done with this ... you're going around in circles and just posting nonsense without, clearly, even bothering to consider if it's consistent with your earlier positions.