Old April 14th 18, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default today's ride

On 2018-04-14 05:42, AMuzi wrote:
Cold, windy, sleet, grey, dismal, blecchhh.

https://www.channel3000.com/news/loo...hail/729197821

A few weeks ago I came back down from Camino (California) while hail was
pelting us, big time, in shorts and T-shirt. That's real blecccch,
especially on a road bike with rim brakes. I didn't know this was
going to happen, the weather looked so nice on the way up. Else I'd
have used the MTB.

-- Regards, Joerg

Must be tough riders in California. IF I HAD KNOWN it was going to
HAIL during my ride, I would not have left the house on any bike.
Road or mountain bike. I doubt either has much advantage when
getting hailed on.

One the way up there was only one brief hail shower and then bright
sunshine. Who'd-a-thunk it would turn so quickly. Up near Camino we had
a little snack when clouds rolled in fast. Since there is no place to
seek cover we raced it down the hill but got pelted all the way until we
reached an old railroad tunnel. Completely soaked.

Of course, if we hadn't stopped for a beer on the way up we'd have
reached that tunnel in time ...

Tomorrow after church the forecast says rain again. Sometimes I have to
look at the map to see weather we really live in California. If there is
any of this global warming I want my fair share of it!

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/