Old February 15th 18, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default my fixie doesn't need improvement

On 2018-02-14 09:22, AMuzi wrote:
but for some of you...

https://cyclingindustry.news/new-pat...n-bike-system/

And then, way out in the boonies, your battery gives out.

The guys writing that patent may not have much of a clue about
serious MTB riding.

You do and Shimano doesn'? Really? People that actually write patents
are legal guys.

No, it's the inventors, with the assistance of patent attorneys. If the
inventor is not involved in writing the patent it will likely result in
a lousy patent. One where many of the claims can easily be shot down in
litigation.

They sketched in rim brakes which were already outdated last
century.

Drawings in patents are basic drawings just to illustrate what the
patents is about. Probably it is not about rim brakes or disk
brakes.

Patent illustrations should be contemporary.

I have been involved in the writing of many patents. For example, when
writing a patent about a bearing and brake failure diagnostic system for
railroad use one does not draw a steam engine on top of the wheels in
this day and age. Or in my case vacuum tubes as amplifying elements.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/