Old June 9th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Landis' aerobars

In article ,
"Robert Chung" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Now, is there any way we can use this data to fight off the arguments of
the HPV set?

Guys like you are in what we call the reality-based community, people who
believe that solutions emerge from judicious study of discernible reality.
That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now,
and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that
reality--judiciously, as you will--we'll act again, creating other new
realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out.
We're history's actors, and you will be left to study what we do.

For example,
http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?.../29invs26inpt1

Chart-boy:

you flatter me in ways you can't even imagine. Just to mention the least
controversial, I'm not nearly as analytical as I pretend to be. I'm
pretty good at generating reasonable hypotheses, but pretty bad at
gathering and analyzing data to support them.

In a contest between applications, I'd choose SketchUp over R, if you
know what I mean.

The other thing, is that what I really admire about the linked article
is how the Angry Asian--not you; I mean James Huang*--got someone else
to pony up for not one but two custom-built carbon/Ti hardtails. So, did
he scam Cyclingnews, Seven, or a bit of both? Either way, kudos to them
for going along with the con.

History is kind to those who write it**,

*:
http://angryasian.com/index.php?fuseaction=main.home

** paraphrasing Churchill:
http://www.quoteworld.org/quotes/2826