Old June 9th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Landis' aerobars

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

The other thing, is that what I really admire about the linked article
is how the Angry Asian--not you; I mean James Huang*--got someone else
to pony up for not one but two custom-built carbon/Ti hardtails. So, did
he scam Cyclingnews, Seven, or a bit of both? Either way, kudos to them
for going along with the con.

Well, I'm not sure kudos are deserved. From my point of view, it's sort of
vaguely related to the syndrome that I referred to above, where engineers
mostly think they can engineer out differences between two alternatives.
The funny thing is that he leaves out the one thing that would let him
actually measure a difference. It's an extraordinarily pooly conceived
experiment that someone's paying for. Maybe that was his idea all along.
In that case, kudos to him.