Old June 25th 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default I can't find a cycling shoes to fit wide feet!

Rob Morley writes:

In article
gareth price wrote:
All I've got wide feet and I can't find any shoes to fit. I tried
on Shimano and Diadora yesterday both too narrow and guy in the
shop reckons it's going to be a hard job to find shoes that fit.
I've got 11.5/12.0 size feet and it's a right pain when cycling as
the base of the foot hurts and I have to unclip from my time ATAC's
and pedal using the middle of the foot.

I don't know how people with big feet can get into Shimano shoes,
but I suppose they must sell them to someone. I used to like
Duegis, but I don't know if you can still get them. I have some
Specialized shoes that aren't too bad a fit.

I've got big, wide feet and I get on okay with Shimano shoes. I tend
to wear Meindl walking books because they're reasonably wide. I was
advised to just buy a size larger than normal in Shimano shoes and
that seems to have worked out for me.

FWIW I'm using MT30s in size 47. I'd quite like the cleat to be a
little further forward than I can get it but that's a minor complaint.

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck