Old January 12th 11, 05:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Very happy right now :)

On 12/01/2011 10:40 PM, beerwolf wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

snippage

(PS steer into the camber of the road, it makes it easier to trackstand)

Mate, I've tried EVERYTHING and I have blamed EVERYTHING and it ain't no
use - I am hopeless at it. I just know I am totally useless More
practice probably the only thing left for me to do even if it ain't
helping very much so far

Have you tried finding a quiet piece of road with a grassy verge lined with
logs or those low treated pine 'fences' that come about halfway up your
front wheel? Ride your bike slowly up to a log/railing so that your front
wheel jams up against it at a right angle. In this position your bike
doesn't wobble sidways so quickly while you practise trackstanding, and you
can get a feeling for what works and what doesn't.

Hmmm, ok, maybe I haven't tried everything Jamming the front wheel
against something sounds interesting. Thanks for the tips guys!