Old February 15th 11, 06:04 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Bugger :(

On 15/02/2011 5:08 PM, Rob wrote:
On 15/02/2011 4:52 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:

Both punctures on the rear tyre. Serves me right for not checking the
inside of the tyre after the first puncture cos I found a piece of glass
embedded on the outside of the tyre the second time round - about 2mm
long sitting flat and barely noticeable/"feelable".

I don't like to feel tyres/tubes knowing the area is full of glass when
I ride on those cycle ways, hate cut fingers.

Know whatcha mean. I have sliced my finger once about two years ago but
there is really no other way I know of to figure out if the inside of
the tyre wall is clean. Nowadays, I tend to feel a bit slower and try to
use the digits on left hand as the sacrificial digits.

I only have a pump and a repair kit so its imperative that I check where
the hole is and what the cause was, there is a limit to the number of
patches in one's kit.

How do you check for holes when you are on the road? I find it easier to
just swap the tube and than do the hole repairs when I have some water
handy to do the bubbling test.