Old December 8th 05, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Can 7800 Brake pads be used on 7700 Brakes?

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:17:50 -0800, "Barbara L"
wrote:

Since Shimano 7800 pads are made wit ha different material that increases
stopping in wet weather is there any reason won can' t use them on the 7700?

Thanks,

Barb

If they fit, you could use them. But, many of the regulars here,
recommend Kool Stop Salmon pads.
Here, take a look:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html

I have them on both of my bikes, and I am very happy with them. On the
old [1976] road bike, the improvement was obvious. On my LeMond, they
stop good, wear well, and don't seem to hold any rim damaging road
crap. Highly recommended!

Life is Good!
Jeff