Thread: Shimano Headset
View Single Post
Old May 18th 17, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Shimano Headset

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 10:11:24 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:

I actually hire epidemiologists and biomechanical experts. I also have unfettered MedLine access and access to all the journals published by Elsevier. I don't pretend to know more than the professionals I hire, although I do understand what they tell me. I also don't pretend to be an expert epidemiologist on the internet.

Face includes forehead and brow. My helmet covers my forehead and projects over my brow. I don't know about your helmet. I'm aware of studies going back to '94 (at least) showing that helmets lessen certain facial injuries.. This is not news.

Jay, if you HIRE experts to tell you things exactly why are you so quick to deny knowledge to others because you get it for free?

No a helmet does NOT protect your face or brow. It simply rotates back on your head. I have one of the very few broken bones I've sustained on my brow and I was wearing the best Bell helmet of the time. I was unconscious for over 5 minutes. And as I said, this was a fall onto my face with me turning my head down to "protect" my face at a mere 18" to 2'.

The "facial" injuries you're talking about are the same one's that Frank and I have spoken of in several postings here - if you have a non-serious crash a helmet can protect you somewhat from non-serious injuries.

Isn't that good enough for you? You can only accept a helmet that would save you if a train hit you are 60 mph?
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home