Old July 7th 17, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Concave nut for Suntour XC Pro Seatpost?

On Thursday, July 6, 2017 at 7:39:26 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hoping someone has a source for this (other than several dives into some shops' spare-parts boxes/bins)?

Somewhere along the way, as I bought and shelved parts for my daughters' first real semi-touring-but-fast-ish steel frame setup, I lost the bolt/nut for the one side of the seatpost adjustment.

I have the side where the bolt has a square-shoulder, the front-bolt/nut, if you will, it's only the rears that I'm missing.

I'm also shy on the 8mm bolt, and can only find them in bulk, and it's pretty tricky to find ones with the socket-head measurement listed, since it has to sit down into the "well" on the underside of the seatpost clamp cradle.

Anyway, I used to be up quite a bit back in the 90's (helping and occasionally asking), been awhile, but it seems to be pretty active still, so I'm hoping someone's got a source(s) and/or ideas.

Thanks, very much, in advance,

-pete

Pete, 7 mm bolts are hard to come by but 1/4 - 20 are common and nearly the same size being only 0.026" smaller diameter. You can find these in a variety of heads in most hardware stores.