Old November 1st 04, 05:10 PM
amh

Badger_South wrote in message . ..
I'm riding on a grassy area planning to use the picnic table as a 'cue' to
stop and unclip. I wanted to get the maneuver down to as quick a time as
possible, and then get clipped in and going in a minimum of time. Once I
could do this reliably, time for the streets. Shouldn't take a minute.

Second lap, I'm doing so well I decided for some deranged reason to ride
past the picnic table (yay). Riding at about 3 mph in granny gear, looking
down at the pedals I look up and see there's this 2 ft wide and 2 ft deep
drainage ditch about 4 feet from me. I felt a moment of panic.

Suddenly, and I don't know how, I was completely unclipped and standing
next to the bike. It all happened so fast that have no idea what I did, but
apparently the reflex is -in- place. So...no worries!

-B
still scratching head...

Thinking always gets in the way of smooth action. If you have time to
think about something you are too late.

A word of caution though, I've noted that it takes more effort (and
time) to unclip from a worn out cleat. More so for my Look pedals than
the SPD's.

Andy