Old May 9th 05, 09:04 PM
MattB

Corvus Corvax wrote:
snip

I push the bike some more. The trail flattens out and I pedal for a
bit, but then it turns up again and I am off, trudging, earthbound.
This sucks. I look at my odometer. I've come two miles. The Sport
course is 25. I am so ****ed.

Haha. I've felt that so many times. Since my battery died in my bike
computer a couple of years ago I haven't replaced it for that reason
(and sheer laziness of course).
I try to do at least a couple of races every year to "keep it real" and
remember that there's a lot of people in much better shape than I am out
there.

So you've got a month. If there's some good base conditioning under
there you can bring it back. If not, you are right (you are ****ed).

Have fun! (or pretend you did afterwards)

Matt