Old November 20th 17, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Bicycles in LA

On Monday, November 20, 2017 at 12:16:23 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/20/2017 8:44 AM, AMuzi wrote:
http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/...118-story.html

Yesterday I talked to a friend who had just returned from a vacation in
Scotland, with an added day or two in London. He loved Scotland (where
he once lived) but didn't like London. "Too dirty, too crowded, and
homeless people everywhere."

So I wondered about England's homeless population compared to the U.S.,
and found this claiming they are roughly the same, percentage-wise:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ess_population

(The UK as a whole is much higher.)

But the differences by nation are extreme, even among relatively wealthy
countries. What makes the difference? (And why, for example, is New
Zealand's so high?)

Seems to me that for the past couple hundred years, engineers have done
whatever was reasonably asked. Too bad economists and sociologists
haven't kept up.

--
- Frank Krygowski

traces of youth in asia...

I wudda thought pure homelessness as compared to 'bicycle touring' was parallel
with temperature range n rain not so need water n trees 'troughs n feeders ...

per capita...per capita por favor then regress

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8ce722a63637