Old August 31st 08, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat[_2_]

Default Mercian

"vernon" wrote in message
On Aug 29, 9:27 pm, Tosspot wrote:
wafflycat wrote:
I had reason to visit Mercian's Magic Emporium today.

Every time I see one of those frames I just *want*.

I saw a restored Mercian finished in a deep plum red flamboyant paint
at the camp site at Llanidloes during my Lon Las Cymru ride. I wanted
it badly. I could barely maintain eye contact with its owner as we
exchanges pleasantries and details of our rides.

I was going to get Gino done in Magenta Flamboyant. It's the most glorious
crushed raspberry in colour, but I just couldn't get Gino done in pink -
yes, I'm nuts ;-) The Kingfisher Flamboyant is the blue equivalent in the
*OOOOOH!* stakes, as far as I'm concerned

....and much better for a boy :-)