Old March 21st 19, 01:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default More pointing fingers

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 20:54:42 -0400, Radey Shouman
wrote:

John B. Slocomb writes:

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:55:51 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 7:16:57 PM UTC-5, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 07:51:59 -0700 (PDT), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 9:31:31 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/prod...issues-warning

Technically known as a "tis not - tis so" situation.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I thought it must be a sharp edge.

- Frank Krygowski

Or simply just another failing of the Carbon Fiber Conspiracy. After
all I never heard this problem mentioned in the days of chrome plated
steel rims :-)

--
Cheers,
John B.

Back in the chrome plated steel rim days, the only way to get news
was the daily local news TV show, daily newspaper, or monthly
magazine. And I doubt tires and carbon fiber rims being
incompatible would have merited a story in any of those news
sources. Kind of like bikes in the 1970s were not as good as bikes
today, news was not as readily available back then as now.

You must be a young fellow if you had the TV news. Back in my chrome
plated steel days there wasn't any such thing as "television". All we
had was the radio. and other then the Lone Ranger every day at 5.00PM
I don't remember listening to the radio very much. People used to
"read" back in those days. Newspapers, news magazines... even "books".

You didn't have town criers in New Hampshire?

No. That function was taken over by the ladies of the house(s) ether
while sweeping the front steps in the morning or while at the market
on market day.

And I might add, probably as accurately as Fox News does today :-)

--
Cheers,
John B.