Old February 11th 04, 07:14 AM
Rowan

Default 140 vs 145 vs 160mm cranks for MUni

andrew_carter wrote:
* I find my muni pretty good for hill climbing as well because you
keep your momentum and generally ride in a smoother fashion.*

I agree with Andrew. The shorter cranks definitely make for a smoother
ride, and the momentum is awesome for getting up steep hills. Not only
do you climb up stuff that is just as steep, but you get up there
faster. There are only a few occasions on which I would prefer to have a
few more millimeters than 145mm, but mostly a brake would do instead,
for steep downhills. On landing big drops longer cranks might help, you
really need to try for yourself. Come down to New Plymouth Tony, and you
can have a go at some big drops with 145mm cranks, as soon as I get my
MUni back from the damn police who hijacked it and are holding it for
ransom (for a second time). If I'd have known you wanted to experiment
with them you could've tried during the Juggling Festival weekend.

--
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772