Old July 29th 05, 04:32 AM
maxo

Default Filing a brake caliper that's just too short?

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:22:27 -0400, Paul Hobson wrote:

I've also thought about filing the caliper itself down just a hair since
there is a significant amount of material below the lowest point at
which the pads can sit.

I'd go with filing the caliper brake shoe mounting slot with a teeny round
file.

Seems to me that you'd have no problem with safety even if you filed it so
far down as to make a tuning fork. I'd loctite the brake shoe nut if I did
that though. :P

Seems imminently safer than constructing a jerry rigged drop bolt for such
a short distance.

Good and simple idea.