Old January 18th 21, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default When I saw that it was snowing, I changed to thinner socks.

OB bicycles: they were Pearl Izumi socks.

The thick socks that I'd put on with my sandals won't fit into my
shoes.

When I wear shoes, I have to stick moleskin over my corns. Since I'd
greased my feet before putting on my sandals, the moleskin didn't
stick very well. With the waste of only one moleskin square, I
figured out that the trick is to put the sock on completely, or at
least pull up the heel to my heel, then scroonch and roll it back
until I can reach under it to press the moleskin into place. Then
it's dragged very little when I pull the sock up. Much to my
surprise, the moleskins were firmly stuck when I took the socks off --
I turned one sock inside out looking for a moleskin before I thought
of looking at my feet.

Even though I stepped into a snow globe upon exiting the church, it
turned out that I didn't need shoes on the walkways and streets --
only when I walked through lawns to avoid the ice on our driveway. And
I believe that I could have done without my cane.

I walked through the park to get to the street, and passed by the
remains of the snow dragon. I saw that the children had, indeed, used
lemons to represent his eyes. I've still no idea what the black
things stuck into the lemons are, since I didn't think it proper to
pull them out for a closer inspection.

I walked through our lawn on the way back, and stopped at the mailbox
for yesterday's mail.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net