Old August 9th 08, 03:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Rob

Default open season

ray wrote:
Rob wrote:
ray wrote:
Surprised no-one else has bothered this year, but I usually note the
date when the bombing season starts, and today one had a go at me
just down the street. Now they'll be after us until early October at
the least, a magpie bombed me on Cup Day in a remote spot a few years
back. I'm sure we all enjoy watching over our shoulders, the swoosh
of the attack run and sometimes the whack if they manage to hit us.
Well, it's on again for another year.
Cheers,
Ray

They place a couple of cable ties up through the helmet, like antenna
this seems to keep them at bay.

Nope. Did that a couple of years back, didn't work. Neither do eyes on
the back of the helmet. Little *******s. You can't just shoot them
either, protected species, and they're only protecting their own little
ones. Wish they had some other way of doing it than re-enacting the
attack on Pearl Harbour every time you go to the shops. Bright ideas,
anyone? Now is the time.
Cheers,
Ray

Must have worked for Plovers then.

We had some Magpie around here, nesting, they were aware of the locals
and never attacked them, but anyone else who walked/rode past copped it.