Old July 15th 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

Default I Don't Care What You Say...- Renshaw expelled

On Jul 15, 5:51*pm, Keith wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:41:04 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Dave

wrote:
HTC versus Garmin is Men against Boys. *Not only did Renshaw deliver
his man, he managed to do a good job of - legally as far as I could
tell - making sure Farrar couldn't get through. *WTF was Farra doing
trying to go through the inside FFS? *I know you yanks are nothing if
not partisan at suporting your boys, but Garmin really don't have a
clue at all in these sprints, leastwise not those that I've seen...

UD

Yes and while no one mentioned it (Aldag did hint at it), Julian Dean
was clearly going off his line to the left, too bad Renshaw thought it
useful to head-butt him though, as a result he's been expelled !

I should have read this before I replied to old Ghost ********'
posting. I'm surprised. That was six of one and half a dozen of the
other. I could see why they might complain about him crowding out
Farrar as he came off the front, but I thought they were both equally
at fault there. Dean definitely was trying to push Renhaw towards the
barriers which was why Renshaw retaliated. OTOH, you could read it
that Renshaw wanted to keep that line and leaning on Dean was an
unfair way of doing it. Jeez, there have been far worse things
happening in the sprints than that, some really nasty switches in the
last 200 for example.

UD