Old January 8th 18, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Anyone wear a helmet or elbow pads 4 black ice conditions?

AMuzi wrote:
:On 1/7/2018 1:59 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
: Sir Ridesalot writes:
:
: Just wondering if when it's known that there can be black ice on the
: roads if anyone here wears a helmet or other protection (such as elbow
: pads) that they'd not normally wear when the roads are clear. Do you?
:
: I just slow down and watch more carefully than usual. I'm not sure how
: covert ice has to be to be called "black", but find that ice along the
: verge is usually visible, if only because the usual asphalt roughness is
: gone. In the dark, of course, one can be surprised.
:

:The bitter cold has passed here. Balmy 25F today which means
:we can make snowballs again! How cold was it in the Midwest?

:https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ho...ats-are-dying/

:I saw it on the radio. Man, that's cold.

I see dead rats on a regular basis, even when it's not stupidly cold.
I doubt the cold is killing them (directly, it'll kill the sick ones,
etc).

--
There's a rather large difference between ****ing on a 600V third rail
and a 33 kV power line.