Old December 31st 18, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Power on hills.

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 14:42:12 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 3:11:56 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 13:09:01 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 8:42:20 PM UTC-8, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 17:37:07 +0000 (UTC), Ralph Barone
wrote:

Women's clothing sizes? They just take random tags and sew them on the
completed product. If you judged by the sizing on the labels, you'd think
that I had at least three wives. I don't even buy clothes for her unless
she's there to try them on first.

The last time I shopped for jeans, I tried on a pair that I'd have
liked better a bit looser, so I tried the next larger size in the same
brand and style -- and I couldn't even put a leg into them.

That's why that was the last time I shopped for jeans. I've been
making my own for decades.

Wish I could hire a seamstress to do it for me -- I'm about two years
behind. I know there is more than one in the county, but they don't
advertise.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

They really are available. You just have to go to hardware stores and not clothing retailers. https://dungarees.com/carhartt-10208...B&size=&cid=73

"They really are available. You just have to go to hardware stores"?
Err.... She was talking about a "seamstress", a lady that makes
dresses. Are they really found in hardware stores?

cheers,

John B.

She was talking about women's jeans. Levis as well as most dungarees were made as long wearing work pants.

She wrote "Wish I could hire a seamstress to do it for me"

You replied, saying "You just have to go to hardware stores"

I stated that, "Err.... She was talking about a "seamstress", a lady
that makes dresses. Are they really found in hardware stores?"

You reading comprehension seems to have lack power on hills...

cheers,

John B.