Old December 2nd 05, 04:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Opinions about protective gear wanted

JD wrote: John Doh wrote: I'm looking for protective gear and
reviews. Mainly knee/shin and elbow/forearm. Specifically, I'm
wondering about these two. Fox Racing Raptor knee/shin guards
SIXSIXONE Ricochet knee/shin guards The Raptor is more expensive, is
it much better? During a fall, does the top of the kneecap joint
tend to catch on things? Seems to me that might be more of a problem
with the Ricochet. I dunno because I don't encase myself in
plastic to go ride my bicycle. The best protective gear is riding
skill. JDThat riding skill got your front tooth knocked out. Buy
some protective gear.Jeanie