Old September 16th 05, 04:09 PM

Default Critical Mass - productive campaign to promote cycling or...

Blonde wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Steve W
') wrote:

Seems to me the real posers are the multi coloured lycra guys.

I resemble that remark. Why shouldn't I wear my club colours when riding
with (or, more significantly, for) my club?

There's nowt wrong with wanting to look good on yer bike. I've always
worn lycra cycling shorts and cycling specific jerseys as I find 'em
more comfortable than civvies for cycling, but I've recently taken to
wearing pro-team kit, simply cos I like the way it looks. I don't think
that's a bad thing. Just cos I'm a cyclist doesn't mean I have to look
unkempt and sweaty. (Well, OK, I still look like that even in the team
kit).

The cheapest kit available in these parts is older pro-team kit, a few
years out of date.

Generally, the most expensive is non-team stuff (Pearl Iszumi,
Cannondale, Specialized etc.)
Then comes current team branded stuff.
Cheapest is team branded stuff a few years old, on clearance.

As a result of the above, and being an inverterate cheapskate, I tend
to cycle around looking like a TdF fashion victim c. 1998. I just try
and pick the stuff that won't actually sear the retinas of passers-by.

bookieb