Old June 8th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Generic Brakes vs Dura-Ace 7700 brakes ?

Not doubting your advice, but all I read about the tektro was that
they are rather mushy.

I have these brakes on my bike, and honestly they're not mushy at all after
lubing the cables and housing. They were horrendous until I did so though.

Mushy feelings are usually due to either affection, or the brake pads not
being oriented completely square to the rim. Pads without orbital
adjustment suffer severely from this. Remember, not all Tektros are
equipped with the orbital adjusters.

--
Phil