Old January 31st 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

Default DuraAce 7800 brakes v. 6600 brakes

"RS" wrote in message
I traded some stuff for a new set of DuraAce 7800 brakes, got a good
deal. Question is will these really work any better, stop any quicker,
"feel" any better than the current set of Ultegra 6600 brakes I have
on my bike - which I think work fine. I'd like to hear from anyone
who has actually tested or ridden both sets. The 15g-20g difference
in weight I don't care about. Thanks

Of course they'll be better! The 7800 brakes will be like stopping in a
feather-lined.... No, sorry, can't go on.

May be some material differences - better finish, stuff like that. And
you've seen the weight difference. But on the whole, there ain't a lot you
can do with brakes if they're the same shape.