Old February 27th 19, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Evans

Default Wear a helmet, you know it makes sense

On 27/02/2019 10:55, Rob Morley wrote:
On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 07:29:10 +0000
RJH wrote:

On 25/02/2019 18:20, Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:00:57 +0000
RJH wrote:

[...]

[...]
[...]
Well no, because that would be risk compensation by cyclists not
drivers, and it has nothing to do with measuring passing distances.

Thanks, yes, I know - but it was the only article I could find in
context. Do you happen to know the one you refer to?

I usually rely on others with better memory than mine to provide
citations, but in this case I found it almost instantly:

https://helmets.org/walkerstudy.htm

From you cite.

British drivers leave 3.3 inches more passing distance if the cyclist is
not wearing a helmet, and another 2.2 inches if the cyclist is wearing a
wig. The average passing clearance for all three cases was more than
four feet. The cyclist's position on the road changed everything,
canceling the difference at times. A new study in 2013 supports our
contention that Walker had misinterpreted his data.

You agree with them that Walker's study was unsound?