Old April 12th 21, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Questions about value of bicycles.

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 12:11:12 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Which one of you owns a bicycle shop and sells bicycles so that you know the true worth of a bicycle? My idea that the only one actually able to make such evaluations is Andrew. So perhaps Jay could suggest why he believes my bike to be worth less than the average cost of other like bikes on eBay based upon his belief that having a bike provided to him at special dealers discount makes him an expert on value?

No, my son tried to sell his SL6, had no takers and ended up parting it out.. This was just before COVID, however, and it didn't have UDi2 -- but I think it had a Stages power meter and some other stuff. Your luck may be better.

Meanwhile, my son sold my former stolen-and-recovered by PPB Roubaix for a ridiculous amount -- but not as ridiculous as what he got for his 2017 S-Works Tarmac with eTap. The Emondas are great bikes but don't have high resale values for some reason. No sex appeal. People will pay a boat-load for even an old S-Works.

-- Jay Beattie.